The Perks of Matcha Powder

Hello everybody,

how's everyone doing? I do hope only good and that your week has been nothing but fantastic! For starters, I would like to apologise for not uploading quite as regularly as I should be, but with my A-levels, just around the corner, I'm getting busier by the second. Still, I hope you will enjoy the content on my blog and without further ado, grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and keep on reading!

I'm 100% certain that everyone has heard the word "superfood" at least once by now. We all know that these amazing seeds, powders and what not are packed with loads of nutrients and have a tonne of health benefits for your body and mind. I am here today to talk about one superfood in particular (probably my fave too): Matcha Green Tea Powder.

Matcha powder is just simply ground green tea leaves. It has been a tradition in Japan for centuries now, and monks like to drink matcha tea especially before meditating due to its high amount of caffeine. But what differs regular caffeine from coffee to caffeine from matcha is the effect. Whilst with coffee the caffeine is being activated by coming in contact with our body's gastric acid and is therefore being released instantly. Whereas with matcha the caffeine is firstly transferred into the bowels and then being released there, which makes the whole process longer than with coffee but you feel more awake for way longer with matcha.

Along with it amping up your concentration level, Matcha has an antibacterial and antioxidant effect. It prevents tooth decay, bad breath, speeds up weight loss, boosts your immune systems as well as your metabolism and so on and on. Matcha really is miracle powder!

Source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=matcha+tea&biw=1366&bih=662&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi23piE-a3SAhUBIMAKHSSjC90Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=roBSDf470ZPSJM: - but edited

In addition, matcha can reduce your stress gauge and even help with depression! Now, this is for my student colleagues out there, Matcha can scientifically proven, help you focus and concentrate for longer and better due to it being rich in L-Theanine, a rare amino acid which helps to put your body in a relaxed state, to focus whilst remaining completely calm. L-Theanine is found in nearly every single tea, though matcha contains up to five times more than any regular green or black tea.

Matcha is also a great natural way of detoxifying your body. Chlorophyll being the main ingredient in matcha which helps to get rid of heavy and chemical metals as wells as any other bad toxins flowing around your body. Chlorophyll is the element which gives all green plants their vibrant green colour.

Source: my own
Overall it is to say that matcha is one of the most powerful superfoods out there and the Japanese definitely know what is good. So I suggest you better include a Matcha Green Tea Latte into your weekly if not daily routine and make it a habit, I LOVE Matcha Green Tea Latte's and I possibly drink them around 4 times a week!

Now that's going to be it for today's rather informative post, which I really enjoyed writing for you guys! Let me know if you would like me to write a post about something else that would interest you, I totally would do it again! If you liked it then please don't forget to follow my blog and to share this post over on your social media's, it would mean the world to me! Until next time!

In case you want to read even more about matcha: Matcha Source Website

Mary going offline xx  

2 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try match powder! I love lattes as well so I really want to give this a go!

    Neona xx // withinthecity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I love lattes as well! So I definitely think you should give this a go, I have a feeling you will love it just as much as I do!

      - Mary xoxo

      Delete