Halloween Costume Idea - Pretty Little Liars: Liar

Hello everybody,

and welcome back to my blog! You might think "Why is there a new upload on a Friday?" Well, my beautiful friends, I have come up with several blog post ideas dedicated to Halloween, aka my favourite thing of the year, which I am going to share with you in the next couple of days including October the 31st. Does that sound exciting? I hope so, but without any further ado, grab yourself a cuppa and enjoy!

Pretty Little Liars is probably the most watched TV show in history. And so it comes to no surprise that my Mum and I am absolutely obsessed with it, that's why I have decided to share this Halloween Costume Idea as a "liar" with you today. This is inspired by the intro scene where Aria does her "Shhhhh" thing, and I may or may not have recreated that one too, haha. I have created an inspired look mixed by Arias and Spencers looks, but you can totally decide for yourself who you want to be, this is just for inspirational purposes.

Outfit:

This costume, in particular, is so easy and simple to create, most of the items you will probably already have in your own wardrobe.

There's only a couple of things you need, put on a black dress, everyone most likely owns one so just put that on, a pair of black tights, some heeled black boots and that's already it for the outfit.

Makeup:

On a day to day basis, Aria and Spencer like to keep their base makeup to a minimal, so just use a tinted moisturiser or a BB-Cream and some concealer to cover any imperfections. Set everything into place with a light powder to keep that natural looking skin look. I have used an old favourite of mine the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, this is a great option as is gets rid of the oily shine but doesn't take away your natural glow.

It never really seems like Spencer wears any blush at all, but because it's me, I added a tiny bit of my Benefit Rockateur Blusher. To add to that glowy look, you will want to highlight, now it totally depends on how intense you want it to be, but, again it's me, so I added a LOT.

Going onto the eyes, I just used a shimmery brown shade like Urban Decay's Smog all over the lid, and a medium brown shade through the crease. Add several coats of mascara, I used my new favourite one (yes, I'm using a different mascara for ones!) the Lancôme Hypnôse Volume à Porter. If you want to you can put on some false lashes, but I didn't as it takes me absolutely ages to actually put them on my eyes.

For lips you can keep things very neutral with some lip balm or a sheer lipstick, I used a tiny bit of my Burberry Lipstick in English Rose.


I'm wearing:

Dress - H&M
Tights - H&M
Shoes - Asos (old)
Nail Polish - Sally Hansen "Wine Stock"

Did you like it? I hope I was able to give you some inspiration with this post. I really think you can't go wrong with this! If you do decide to recreate it then please let me know that by sending me a photo or tag me on Instagram, Twitter or just leave it in the comment section below. Make sure to follow my blog so you don't miss out on the other post going up in the next days!

Want to know more about my nail polish, here's a post showing all my favourite Autumn nail polishes // Autumn Nails 2016

Mary spooking offline xx 

2 comments

  1. Hi Mary,

    thanks for fulfilling my request on Halloween costume ideas! :D Both of those looks are great and for me personally a good option as I am not good at drawing a skeleton face on my face or anything else that is spooky!
    You inspired me, thank you so much! Though I am not going as someone from PLL, but from Shadowhunters! :D Hope I'll look at least decent hahaha!

    Lots of love,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely,

      never mind! I had so much fun creating them, there actually was another one planned just a heavier makeup look, as you wanted, but I didn't have enough time to do that!
      Thank you so much for your support!

      Love,
      Mary x

      Delete