TheGoodway Book Club | thegoodway

Hello you beautiful people,

and welcome to our first session of my new creation: our book club. I decided to start this because I personally love reading so much, and most of the times I fell for my book choices so hard that I want to share them with the world. So if you are a book worm like I am, or you want to read more books in general and grow your vocabulary, then this is for you.



Everyone is more than welcome to join "Thegoodway book club" and to leave their suggestions for a next read in the comment section below every blog post. Let's get started with today's session.

1. I heart London - Lindsey Kelk



One of the "I heart" series by the amazing author Lindsey Kelk. Lindsey is an British author who was born in Doncaster, her first book " I heart New York" was published 2009 in London. Since then she has released five more of the "I heart series" books, and six other very famous books.

Now I'll read you what it says on the back, so you get the idea of what the book is about:

Angela Clark has fallen in love with New York - and it's started to love her back. But when she's summoned home to England, she's at risk of losing her shiny new life to rain, warm beer and bad memories. Talk about stepping back in time.

There's Mark, the ex-boyfriend - who she ran to New York to get away from.

There's Louisa, her best friend, with her terrifying new baby.

And there's her mum, still talking to her as though she's fifteen.

Now there's a wedding in the offing - and everyone remembers how well Angela behaved at the last one... Can the arrival of boyfriend Alex and new best friend Jenny save her from a re-run of her old self?

Sounds interesting right? I am so excited to finally start reading this book as I had it sitting on my bookshelf for nearly two months now, and I can't wait to read Angela's story. If you fell in love with it now, than I'd highly recommend you getting your hands on it and start reading. I will give us until June the 26th to read it. I hope that this is plenty of time for everyone to finish this book. On that very date I will upload a blog post based on this book, including my thoughts, my personal opinion and a more in depth summary, and I'd like all of you to leave me your summaries, own opinions and thoughts in the comments down below this post.

2. The Versions of us - Laura Barnett



This book had my attention in the second I opened the book, as when you open it you see that it's divided in different sections which isn't very common in the book industry. Laura Barnett must have known exactly what she was doing to grab everyone's attention with this amazing book. Laura is, again, an British author who has written for popular newspapers like "The Daily Telegraph" in the past, and published her first novel "The Versions of us" in June 2015. In addition to that she writes short stories which she publishes on her website and is currently working on her new novel called "Greatest Hits".

Eva and Jim are nineteen, and students at Cambridge, when their paths first cross in 1958. Jim is walking along a lane when a woman approaching him on a bicycle swerves to avoid a dog. What happens next will determine the rest of their lives...


Again, this books sounds to interesting, although it's a short but sweet little summary on the back of the book. I can't wait to read this book, as the fact that it's written at the beginning of the 60's and in different departments makes me want to start reading already (which I totally would, if I didn't have to study for my exams!). Now seeing as reading two books at the same time, most of the time doesn't work out I would say that we start this book after our first one, but if this book caught your eye more than the first one than feel free to start with this one! I will give us to read this book until July the 31st, if that's not too late for anyone!


That's going to be it for today's blog post, I do hope that you like my idea of creating our very own book club, and please let me know if all of you are okay with dates in the comments down below as well as your thoughts on this book club. In case you have any suggestions for future readings and would like point them out and pop those down below too!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments