Dior Glowing Gardens Illuminating Powder | thegoodway

Hello my beautiful friends,

and welcome back to my blog! I hope you're all doing well and that your week has been fantastic. Let me jump right into today's post, shall we?

So for today I decided to do another makeup review as I just love to write them, and I love testing out new products myself. I really hope that these posts help you out too, if you might want to try something out but are not 100 per cent sure, I hope I can provide you with your desired information.


Starting off with my opinion on the packaging, it's gorgeous! Literally one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen. There's a mirror included which is always good for touch-ups or makeup on the go. As you can see it's a silver reflective material and comes with this cute little velvety pouch to store it in. It actually also comes with a Kabuki brush, but I forgot to include that one in the photo, which, to be honest, is really not good. It's so itchy and when I used it with the highlighter it literally felt like I was scraping of my skin, and I was really surprised about that because with high-end brushes you would expect them to be high quality and soft, so I wouldn't recommend using that brush.

Now if you're not familiar with the "Glowing Gardens" range by Dior, then you should know that this is their SS2016 collection, which is just stunning. The Collection includes the Lip Glow in "Lilac", Rouge Dior Baume in "540 Passiflore", Rouge Dior in "667 Rouge Pimpant", Rouge Dior Billiant in "668 Brise Bise, a 5 Coleurs Glowing Gardens Eyeshadow Palette in "451 Rose Gardens", Diorshow Colour & Contour Eyeshadow and Liner Duo in "157 Iris", Diorshow Pro Liner in "072 Pro Taupe", Diorshow Fusion Mono in "841 Roseé and lastly the Diorskin Nude Air Glowing Gardens Illuminating powder in the shades "001 Glowing Pink" and "002 Glowing Nude".



After that lot of information let's get onto the actual product. I have the shade "Glowing Pink" and as the name would suggest it's a pinky highlighter. I do have to say that it is very shimmery which I didn't expect it to be when I saw it online but when you swatch it or wear it you can definitely see particles of shimmer on your skin. On my very first impression the shimmer put me off of it, but after a few hours of having the swatch on my hand I liked it more and more and in the end I fell head over heels for it. So I'd definitely suggest swatching it in store and leaving it on for a few hours before you say it's not for you, even if you don't like noticeable shimmer, you might get pass it as I did.

As it's a highlighter with a pinky undertone I thought that it would be very noticeable and look like you've got a stripe on your cheek and had to blend it in really well, but in fact I barely had to blend it in, the texture is soft as butter (somewhat a gross comparison, I know, haha) which makes applying it a million times easier. Speaking of application, I actually like to use my fingers for doing so, as I think that no brush picks up any of the product, might just be my brushes as I don't have a suitable, good quality brush for highlighter, but if you don't like using your fingers then try a fan brush they are brilliant for applying highlighter in the right places (Zoeva do really good ones.)!







Now highlighter is my favourite part of doing my makeup so I love this one being very intense, so it's definitely not one to say it's very natural, but whilst it being very intense it kind of manages to look somewhat near natural at the same time, it just makes you overall appearance looking ten times healthier than it did without it. Overall I would 100 per cent recommend this highlighter to everyone out there, it's perfect for the Spring and Summer season as everyone likes to look like they are lit from within and glowy, which is exactly what this product does. So if you're birthday is soon and you still have a gap to fill on your wishlist or you want to splurge on something and treat yourself with something super luxurious then try it out, it's so worth the money and it will last you a lifetime!

That's going to be it for today guys, I hope you enjoyed it if you did then please let me know that with leaving me a comment down below, also make sure to leave me your suggestions for future makeup reviews. If you want to do me a favour then please share this post over on your social medias and check out my other blog posts!

Mary going offline xx

2 comments

  1. It looks so pretty on you! Such a soft glow it's really nice! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much pal! It's so pretty, you should definitely try it! xoxo

      Delete