My Morning Skincare Routine | Blogmas with thegoodway

Hello my loves!

I hope everyone’s having a fantastic and festive time because today is Day 2 of Blogmas, yeaaaay! So for the second post I thought it would be nice to share my current morning skincare routine with you. There will be a night time skincare routine going up soon as well, so keep your eyes peeled out for that one. I will “talk” you threw each step I do in the morning in depth and tell you a little more about the products I use.

Now mornings can be really tough sometimes, especially when I have to get up for school! On a weekend it’s usually, and quite obviously, way more laid back, whereas on school mornings everything needs to be a little more rushed as I already got up as late as possible (everyone does that, right?).

The first thing I do when I get into the bathroom is brushing my teeth, as I just can’t stand the taste that I got in my mouth in the morning nor do I like the rest of my lip balm on my lips, just gross. I guess brushing your teeth is pretty self-explaining so there is no need to show you a phot of me doing that, but if any of you are interested I am using the Colgate Whitening toothpaste.

After my teeth are all clean I wash my hands and put my contact lenses in, which can be tricky sometimes but usually it’s pretty easy for me to do, depending on my mood and sleepiness state. Then I go ahead and wash my face using my absolute favourite washing gel by the Body Shop. It’s one from their Tea tree range which I adore and have been using for years, I even let myself say that this range has saved my skin in the early teenager years of terrible breakouts.

When my face is all squeaky clean I’m all ready to go and put my skincare on.
I start off with using my eye cream, I am currently using the Kiehl’s Avocado Creamy Eye Treatment, what a mouthful, as my under eyes are just prone to get dry and flaky during the winter time, this one’s a really great one to solve this problem!

And then I am using my face moisturiser and applying it all over my face. Recently I had to switch up my skincare a bit as my skin was just so dry, dehydrated and producing way more oil to try to put the moisture that was needed to my skin, not cute! So instead of my Origins Make A Difference Plus moisturiser, which just wasn’t cutting it anymore, I am back on using the Kiehl’s Skin Rescuer, which I talked about in one of my first ever blog posts I think. This moisturiser has helped my skin go back to normal and I couldn’t be any more thankful for it being in my life.

Then the only thing that is left is lip balm, at the moment I have been absolutely loving this little sample I got in a magazine in June, from a brand called Malin and Goetz, weird name but the actual lip balm is so good! Again it has saved my lips from being all cracked up and yucky looking.



Well, that’s going to be it for my morning skincare routine, sorry if you expected something more fancy but that is just all I’ve got time for. I hope you enjoyed this blog post as always, and please leave me a comment down below what skincare items you are using in the morning!


Mary tobogganing off xx

0 comments